Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Feel of a Mother's Hand

I don't have a mama.  Not here.  Not alive.  But, I have memories.  Memories of a mother's hand.  Holding mine.  Firmly.  Kindly.  Leading me.  Loving me. Cradling my head in her lap as she drove.  Patting my hair. Sitting by me with a cool cloth and a touch of her hand when I was very ill.  Very ill.  My mother was only around for a few very short years of my life.  And she worked.  But she was kind to me.  Didn't just love me.  Was kind.  She gave me something to hold onto in my heart. Something to know that I miss.  Yes, it makes me mourn.  It made a soft place in my heart.
I want those soft places.  Though they cause me to ache.  May I nurture them.  Celebrate them.  And weep at the loss of the things and people that have created them.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.