Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Most Important Holiday

Easter is coming.  Jesus rose.  Lives.  Death failed.  If that's not hope, I don't know what is.  But, this is our first Easter without the kids' dad.  This is my first Easter to host on my own.  I love this holiday.  I love the playing, the photos, the traditions.  I love the celebrating with people that I care about...who get why it's just a great day.  But I guess that I've been afraid that they won't come.  Or will not include us if they do something else.  These family holidays are hard.  Because there is a residual problem in that my ex is not here...and other husbands feel troubled.  And I don't guess that I entertain them so well.  I don't know how to fix it.  I just know that I have to move forward.  I have to celebrate.  I have to honor my children and their heart's needs too.  I am trying.  But I put it off.  So much new stuff to face every month. ;)  But, I am looking forward to it.  I am anticipating it.  The menu.  The photos.  The laughter.  The games.  The fun.  We will play.  We will laugh.  We will honor one another with love and hope.  Somehow, we will lift one another up and find a way through.  And I am so happy this year.  I really want the opportunity to celebrate my favorite holiday...because last year was really tough.
So.  I've put my fears on the line.  I've invited.  I hope that people can come.  Or will come.  I have...hope.
Got to get to work!
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.