Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Dancing around naked

Why is it that when I risk asking people to meet my needs, I feel like I'm dancing around naked?  I sent the invite for Easter.  Some read.  Some declined.  Some didn't answer.  Some haven't seen it yet.  But, while I wait, I feel exposed.  Like I risked more than anyone can possibly know.  Like I want to try and move forward but somehow it is hinged on others allowing it too...on meeting me in this new place.
David danced naked before the Lord.  I have this sense of being before God and just putting it all out there.  My hopes, my failures, my needs, my wants....and trusting that some will still accept me where I am now.
I guess it was extra hard because I realized that we hadn't BEEN invited.  That realization didn't come until after I had written my own invite.  That made me feel even more vulnerable.  So, here I am. Vulnerable.  And I choose that over hardened.  Over cynical.  Over hopeless.  I choose to move on.  To go forward.  To hope.  To believe in the whole story of faith.  Of the Resurrection and how that changed the whole world.  And I choose to allow that "fearless" word that was given to me this year to lead out.  There have been mountains.  And valleys.  And storms.  Yet, here I am.  God is faithful.  Completely. Though I feel naked.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.