Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Forgiving vs. Enabling

I am learning lots of new things.  I am learning that I can forgive something while not continuing to enable a person to use it against me.  I can not be angry.  I can choose to let it go.  However, I can also, while still being forgiving, take away someone's power to hurt me and influence my life so much by not enabling him to keep on as it has been.  This takes a lot of prayer.  A lot of thinking.  A lot of genuine forgiveness.  But it's necessary.  To be sane.  To live freely.  To grow.  To breathe.
I have spent so many years thinking that forgiveness means just allowing.  Pushing it aside.  Not calling something what it is.  That's a mistake.  Huge.  It seems nice.  But it's not. 
So, I will live new.  Choose joy and peace.  Choose to do what I have to do to continue to breathe.  Not easy.  Possible.
If you've noticed that some posts end suddenly or that the editing is off....I've had very little time to write on my own.  Usually dashing it off.  Fearing getting caught.  Less now....but still antsy.  Getting a little better all of the time.  I keep practicing...because soon the Happy Heart Show will air!!!

1 comment:

  1. thankyou was struggling with this concept and feeling used trying to work out the difference..what's my part of the equation...what' justs my sense of justice and when am I asked to go the extra mile because ive had grace... more please good thoughts Oh GracedWalker on the journey

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.