Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

No Way to Describe It

I keep trying to put to words how I feel and exactly what is wrong.  But the thing is that there is simply no way to describe it.  Last night reminded me.  It's just not the life I had hoped for.  And something else too.  It is the life I feared.  A life of accepting second best.  Or third.  Or fourth.  I am living a life that is full of unfulfilled dreams and hopes. 
The bible talks about how a people without a vision perish.  It's true when there is squelched vision too.  Where it isn't acceptable to have dreams or desires.  I know what he believes about me......and it isn't pretty.  The dismay in his eyes.  How I don't measure up.  And it hurts.  But, even more, it hurts that I can't seem to figure out a way to live free.  It's like I'm constantly struggling to get out of duct tape.  Just as I get a few fingers free, he comes by and seals it back up.  And I get too tired to keep on trying.
But I will not quit trying.  I will keep working at it.  I will keep believing.  Except on days when I just can't.  On those days, I'll just rest and not beat myself up for not being better.  At least, I'll try.  Not easy to do.
But as for now, I am writing in secret.  Up early though I am tired.  Dreading this day. 
Sad.  Nobody should dread a brand new day.  I will find a way not to.  Somehow.  To go THROUGH the pain.  Blah,  oh, I said that already yesterday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.