Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sandals

My daughter got new sandals yesterday.  She made the mistake of wearing them this morning.  Crazy, right?  But her dad noticed right away.  "Nice sandals."  "Thanks."  "So, where did you get them?" Very quiet voice, "Target."  Nothing. 
All morning on the money.  Got to pay bills.  I think that I would have more respect if he didn't guilt everyone over every "good" thing he is supposedly doing.  That makes me kind of crazy.  He's being responsible.  Kept asking me how much money I needed for the month.  Finally, I told him that he already knew how much I needed but that I would take what he could give.  Makes me smile.  I'm not going to battle.  Oh, but why does my head ache so?  I hate that. 
I am not going to let this ruin my day.  I am going to be like those sweet birdies outside who keep on building their nests in the wind and rain.  I'm going to persevere.  I am going to be brave.  But, maybe I'll cry just a little bit while I take my bath so that I'll be able to put on my smile for the day.  Because frankly, smiling beats the hell out of being grouchy.  Or depressed.  Or numb.  I will be present.  I choose to be present.  With nearly everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.