Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Wimpy Wimpy Wimpy. HEFTY.

I always loved that trash bag commercial.  Wimpy, wimpy, wimpy.  HEFTY!!!  Must have been a good one to remember it for so very long.  Today I was wimpy.  What a baby I can be.  But, I caught it and let it go.  I was just sad.  And having a rough day.  But then I realized that this is the day I have.  I'm going to enjoy it!!  What do you know?  Hefty on the blessings and gifts all around (not physical gifts).  Smiles.  Laughter.  Children.  Peers.  Hugs.  Singing.  It was nice.  Nobody really knew that my birthday is tomorrow, but at my one school, the kids found out and were sweet in the cafeteria. 
But, I do miss the mail.  I asked my son today if I got any mail.  And he said no birthday cards......he knows how it feels because for some reason, he and I are the ones that don't usually get them, and if we do, it is VERY late.  Like a month.  So, we get to laugh together.  And go on.  Because life is too hefty on the good stuff to let the wimpy stuff win. 
But, I did have some moments of regret.  That's ok too.  Have them and then let them go.  Focus back on now.  being present NOW.  Easier to say than to do. 
I am way worn out.  Need to have a nap or something.  And to think I'm going to start another job......in addition to these jobs.  And.....I'm thankful for that.  Work is a blessing.  A paycheck is a blessing.  So, off to take my daughter for a swimming suit.  To provide food for the weekend snarfers.  So that I can play. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.