Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Ask

Father,
I have come to you so often on behalf of my kids.  Though my relationship with my husband's family is not great, though my mother in law makes it very painful....I have always desired and prayed for my kids to have something better.  I'm coming again today.  Asking.  For them.  That this trip to TX will be a blessing to them.  That they will be spared from any of the drama.  That it will be time to feel treasured.  I don't want them to feel pumped for information.  That has happened too many times....and in this time, I don't want it to hurt them when they are already fragile.  and I don't want them to feel pushed to protect me or my reputation.  I am concerned.  I am also happy that they are getting to go.  Though I will miss them greatly, I know personally how good it is to have grandparents that love you.  I desire that for them.  For them to feel it and know it.
But I'm asking you to make this trip safe for them.  To make their father strong enough not to be a victim while he's there.  Help them not to have to feel like the strong ones.  Let them get to be the kids.
Whatever they face though...I know that you will be with them.  I know that you will hold them.  I know that you adore them and understand them.
thank you for hearing the words I can't even get out.  For hearing my mama's heart.  This is hard.
amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.