Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Monday, June 18, 2012

stronger than i know

Isaiah 41:10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/bible-verses-about-strength-25-encouraging-scripture-quotes/#ixzz1yBz9bR5n
He is with me.  Period.  Every day.  And His is the strength that I feel.  Holding me.  Undergirding me. In my moments of not knowing.  Not knowing how or what to do.  He is my answers.  He is all that I need.  And He sends such nice people into my life.  Regularly and with great compassion.  I know that He sees my aching heart.  And that He aches with me.
I'm not at all sad that I'm done.  Just so sad about the fact that he just never gets it.  That he has a way of pulling me in.  Of acting all nice, but then, I realize again that he still doesn't really do what he says.  Always the victim.  Or, rather, behaves like a victim.  That's how Friday went. He behaved as if he  was wronged.  He didn't want to pursue this.  It wasn't his idea.  He behaves as if he's being so kind to grant this to me.  And...he is.  Because it's what is necessary.
Read a quote today "life is a shipwreck, but we mustn't forget to sing in the lifeboats."  And that's the thing.  Life IS messy. But there ARE lifeboats.  And, instead of grumping about the shipwreck, I want to be someone who is thankful and singing and praising because a Lifeboat was already prepared.
I've always carried so much on my own in my marriage.  But now, something has changed with my friends.  I call and don't hear back.  And some of them just don't call at all.  So, I'm having to adapt and adjust.  It's hard.  But it's not impossible.  And I know that it's just a season.  Things will iron out soon.  Everyone will again find the groove.  Including me.  I feel awkward.  Not sure what to share.  What not to share.  How to let them know that I am good at singing in the lifeboat....but that there indeed HAS been a shipwreck in my life.  My stress numbers are high.  Yet, mostly, I am calm.  Peaceful.  Hopeful.  Taking one thing at a time.
My handyman came to change my breaker today because I decided that it was too stressful for me to face.  He came.  He taught me how to do it. ;)  And he did it for free!  So blessed.  I don't get paid until Thursday and this new pay schedule is making it hard on me. Yet, God knew and met my need.  Of course, the diagnosis is that it's the water heater itself and NOT the breaker...but still.....again....one thing at a time.  I'll get there.  Slowly but surely.  Always stepping.  Always learning  Always loved.
I am stronger than I ever realize.  And that's pretty cool.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.