Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, June 30, 2012

thankful habit

i have begun a habit.  i have always believed that being thankful is healthy and good.  that it honors god.  that it brings health to body and mind.  but, i am trying a new thing.  stopping in my day and listing 12 things that i am thankful for right then.  aloud...if appropriate...because hearing is a good way to let it soak in.
i want my heart to be thankful.  not just because of a habit....i want the habit to come from what is inside.  an attitude.  a way of life.
i want to be a thankful being.  because everything and everyone that is....is a gift.  i didn't make anything.  god did.  i didn't give myself talents.  god did.  i didn't give myself the ability to pursue them.  god did.
now, i do choose things as well.  but he even gave me CHOICE.  it's marvelous.  every good and perfect gift comes from the lord of light, the god of love.  EVERY one.
i am blessed.  i am alive.  i can breathe.  i am able to think.  i have a home.  i have hot water.  i have pillows.  i have sunflowers blooming.  i have well water.  i am content.  i am safe.  i am loved.  i have a new rug.  i have a fan to keep me cool.  i have a dog to make me feel less alone.  the list goes on and on easily.  it's not hard.  it's nt just special things.  it's about EVERY thing.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.