Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

hope defined.

it's not positive thinking.  though, thinking positively can cause my focus to turn in the right direction.  hope is much more though.  it is joyful anticipation.  it's knowing that however things are now, there is good coming.  that the life and purpose that i am supposed to have is what awaits.  it's like being really hungry and smelling dinner cooking...and knowing that my need is going to be met.  or the knowledge that someone is on their way with food for me.  trusting.  knowing.  believing that the good is coming.  not falsely.  but firmly.  leaning on a foundation of truth.
i know that my life has a purpose.  i am not an accident of the cosmos.  i am a creation.  by the great artist.  who has continual plans for how to bring glory to himself through my life.  who has a future and a hope planned for me.  to benefit me.  not to harm me.  he promises.  and i believe him.
and this week, i lost out on being a "senior" reader because i got sent home from the earlier in the week job and rescheduled for the end of the week job.  but, then, i had to give that up in order to have the interview that was scheduled for me.  and i'm so relieved!! so glad that i get to just be a regular reader come monday morning.  and i know that whether i get the job i interviewed for or not....it was totally worth it just to be allowed to be less stressed about my upcoming work.
all things work together for good to those who love him and are called according to his purpose.  he is calling me.  yes, even me.  and even you.  for a purpose.  that voice.  that hope.  that dream.  that passion.  that wish.  that desire.  it's not by accident.  it's built into you.  explore it.  you will find wonders beyond compare.  because you will be walking in hope.  in faith.  in joy.  and will be fulfilled.  filled.  completed.  whole.
hope.  it permeates everything else.
blessings to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.