Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Friday, June 22, 2012

Sudden Memories

Today at work, someone was talking about something....could't tell you what...but it triggered this memory from a couple of years ago when he said that I was only with him for his money.  Ouch.  Really?  I had completely forgotten.  Most things, I realize that I have let go.  But sometimes, in those moments, they sneak back up on me.  Surprising me with the strength of the emotion.  How hurtful that was.  How unkind.  HIS money?  Wow.  I owned a better car than him when we married....which we sold/traded to get our first mini van.  I had the money that we used for the down payment to buy our first home.  I was employed months before him when we got married.  I inherited the home we lived in.  I had the grandparents who gave us cheap rent before that.  I get that he went to work.  I always was thankful and made a point to tell the kids how good that was.  But what he never got was that it was team work.  That without me at home, he wouldn't be able to afford someone ot do what I did.
It's not over.  The mourning.  The intense emotions.  But it is better.  Being apart is better.  Being apart means that I don't live in a negative place where I'm always trying to fight the bitterness.  The horrible feeling that I just want it to be over.
Life is going on.  At least for me.  At least for the kids.  I hope that it does for him too.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.