Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Friday, June 1, 2012

learning to listen to the whisper of my soul

so many times i have pushed forward.  done what was expected.  good things.  church things.  busy things.  doing things.  but, i am learning to hear that whisper and to do and be what i am uniquely called to do and be.  it's rather fun.  takes a lot of work.  of prayer.  of trying it yet again.
but it's coming.  and it's healing.  because i am not valuable because of what i run around trying to get done.  i am valuable because of how i am the only me.  so when i lose who i am, the world misses that.  well, my little  part of the world.
i am good at problem solving.  at getting tasks done.  at being easy going.  and yet also at getting a job done.  i need quiet time.  and i need friends.  i need touch.  my soul requires peace.  and it needs to be a way of life.
and the spirit who lives in me keeps whispering and encouraging and teaching.  and i am a ready and willing student.
i am so very content.  joyfully so.  happily so.
for awhile i was so sad that i wasn't getting my happy ever after.  turns out that i was listening to the wrong voice.  this is my happy ever after.  for the right now.  and it's beautiful.  though difficult and different.
blessings to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.