Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Monday, December 17, 2012

Fighting for me. Fighting for them.

It came to me why I'm so tired.  Worn out.  I am fighting for me.  To live.  To survive.  But, beyond that, I am fighting for each of my kids.  To have a voice.  To know how loved he/she is.  To be able to speak truth.  To tell their stories.To be brave.  To not cave to the pressure to always have to please.  We ALWAYS had to please.  I am doing it.  A day...sometimes only a moment...at a time.  We are making it.
He doesn't have to do that.  He could, but he is only fighting for what he wants and needs.  Hmmm.  That's a telling sign.  Guess I should have known sooner.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.