Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Sleep

Today I had trouble wanting to get out of bed.  Not for the usual reasons.  Out of thankfulness and wanting the moment to last.
I got this new bed.  I have faced the feelings and the emotions and managed to BUY it.  The first night was not smooth.  And, last night, when I headed to bed exhausted......I was more than a little bit nervous.  I was plain scared  Uncomfortable.  Afraid that I wouldn't sleep again.  Wondering if I was going to have to move my little bed into a place so that I could sleep.
But, I took a deep breath.  I remembered that a night of sleep loss wouldn't kill me.  I prayed.  I took more deep breaths.  And closed my eyes.  And didn't open them again until 4 am.  Peaceful.  Sleep.  And I went back to sleep at four.  At 5:30 I just wanted to linger in bed.  Resting.  Letting that feeling of comfort wash over me.
Sleep is a good thing.  A blessing.  True rest restores not only the body, but the mind.
I feel thankful.  Blessed.  Abundantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.