Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Friday, July 1, 2011

Bitchy

I've been thinking about that word quite a lot.  I think that many people have attributed it to me.  Some who know me well.  Some who have never met me, but have heard about me.  Some think it but are too spiritual to actually share to sentiment.  I prefer the people who simply come out with it.
In some ways I wish that it wasn't that way.  In other ways, I have made my peace with it to some degree.
Yesterday I was thinking about a real bitch...you know, the dog kind?  And I was thinking how the best bitches protect their pups against all comers.  Are strong.  Are caring.  But not passive.  Nurturing but not willing to be used...when they've had enough, they get up and leave the pups for awhile.  But, they are always listening, always ready to help and defend.  I want to be that.  Not mean spirited.  Not unkind.  But strong.  Able.  Willing.  Believing in what I am supposed to do enough to go ahead and do it.
So, I guess I want to be a bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.