Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

garden

I like being in my garden.  Today I sat on my big porch on the day bed...ok, laid...behind the lace curtains. I was resting before it was time to go with the kids on a walk.  I fell sound asleep for about 20 minutes.  Very nice.
But, my husband does his garden thing...a thing he has never even taken pleasure in.  And he is making me feel crappy.  He works hard.  Don't get me wrong.  The man works incessantly.  At work.  At home.  At play.  All of the time.  It's just that he's always so busy proving how great he is that he doesn't have time to see how good anyone else is.  I'm weary.
I still love my garden.  I'd love it more if he wasn't around to make me feel lousy about it....well, maybe i wouldn't love it more, but I'd be able to relax and enjoy it more.
He likes someone else.  He doesn't like me.  I can tell when he likes people.  I don't measure up.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.