Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Gifted

I always thought that what I had everyone had.  As far as abilities.  It has only been recently that I've realized that I have a gift for helping people to see their talents and abilities.  Helping them to work toward them.  My husband realizes that....because I helped him.  But, what I told him today was that he did not reciprocate.  That what he wants from me is to be more...blah blah blah...and he agreed.  Jerk.
Anyway, I do have a gift.  It's what helps me to see students when I teach.  I am eager to see people excel and accomplish things that bring them deep joy.  Not things that I necessarily like or am good at.....in their own giftedness.  It's also what makes me not take crap from my kids in the areas of their giftedness.  I want them to fly in those areas.
I also teach.  By analyzing where someone is trying to get, what they have so far.  What they need to make it the rest of the way.  It's as natural as breathing for me.
Ok.  Well, feeling like crap is better if I try to remember who God made me to be.  How he made me to be.  Because, there's nobody else to tell me......those tears are so pesky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.