Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Jobs

I love teaching this summer.  I adore the school that I am at.  I had an interview there for a full time position yesterday.  It was an ok interview.  I used to be a confident interviewer.  Try as I might now, my confidence isn't what it once was.  I get nervous and have trouble remembering what is important to me to say......I have been beaten down more than I knew.  I mean, I knew it, but I didn't realize how hard it would be to overcome.  I tried so hard to be calm yesterday.  To simply pray and do my best.  But, there was this part of me whispering that I wasn't good enough. That they wouldn't want me.  That there were 163 applicants and I wouldn't even make the top three.
BUT, I did get an interview.  And a lot of people didn't.  And I did get a chance to say what I needed to.  Though I kind of have a hard time talking about my good points.  It is so hard.  LIke sickeningly hard.  I want to be better.  I want to live and grow and feel like I'm worth it.
I wish that I could just walk away from him.  Just say good bye.  He is not healthy for me.  He is dependent but not uplifting.  And...frankly, I see how he treats others......hmmm.....perhaps he would be happier with them?  I don't wish him bad.  I don't wish him to be unhappy or miserable.  Well, ok, I have thought that if he ever did die of the coronary that supposedly he's going to have (he says) then it would be a lot easier to deal with than a divorce.  Losing a spouse to death is religiously acceptable.  To divorce, it's shameful.  Yikes.  My live has become something I don't want it to be.  And I've said so.  Told him what I want.
But, if I can't even get a job and I don't want his money.....
well, maybe I need to look other places.  Maybe I need to consider what else I can or could do.  I don't want to uproot the kids.  Though I could use a change of scenery.  I can manage to get them raised.  I just need to work.
Oh, please, God.....the right job for me.....let them see the way I can teach and now how I interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.