Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Dropping Like Flies

What is it about people around me?  They are all rushing to the divorce lines.  Great.  Now I feel like some kind of follower.  But, there has to be something about why.  Perhaps we have all worked to raise our kids, happy or not, getting along or not....and then we finally just can't stand it anymore?
One couple I have most lately heard of, the woman found another man.  Yet she and her husband still live together.  Seems....um....awkward?  Unusual?  Maybe he is more gracious than I would be? Probably.  He and the kids (both girls) are going to go live in an apartment.  I can see why she was unhappy.  It hit me awhile back hearing them together.  But, I am still surprised by the enormity of the amount of changes they are going to go through.
I understand more.  Judge less.  Though I don't think that divorce should be the first option, I totally understand
Maybe I am less spiritual.  But, perhaps I am more?  Perhaps I understand more of how it feels.  How painful things can get.
But, it is odd to think that many of the people that I knew in my thirties as marrieds are now divorceds.
Life is strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.