Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Flying

Flying requires leaving the safety of the ground.  It requires letting go of unnecessary weight.  Being light of heart.  Flying requires not carrying along a lot of baggage.
And I am learning to fly.  Learning to let go of the stuff that ties me down.  The beliefs that say that things aren't possible.  I'm learning to take short flights.  I long for the day that I soar.  That I leave behind the fears and the what ifs.  That I let go of all of the stuff and understand how God is able to care for me along the journey.  To enjoy now.  To be wise for the future.  But not to worry for the future.
Getting rid of stuff felt so very good.  It felt....like a release.  Like my wings were freed.
Flying takes some getting used to.  Have to take a deep breath.  Have to remember that letting go of what holds me down allows something new to come.
It's fun.  It's scary.  It's new.  It's necessary.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.