Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Monday, July 22, 2013

Going again

Emotional work is very satisfying...but also extremely hard.  I have to take breaks.  And I have to just give myself time to feel.  I am working very hard at not stifling the feelings, but having the thoughts as they come.  Feeling the feelings as they exist.  For denying them does no good.
Facing them.  Allowing the grief.  Allowing the laughter.  Allowing genuine, chaotic, draining, inspiring emotion to be present.  Fully.  And to deal with each type as it comes.  It's the hard work of life.  I numbed it for too many years.  Pushed it aside.  The knowing.  The sensing.  That it was all a charade.  How sad.  And to give myself permission to be sad.  And to be happy for the good times.  It's all very wearing!   And good.  Very good.
Life is messy.  But my house needs not to be!!!  ha.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.