Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

good from the hard

i just witnessed something really good.  i saw my youngest son with his dad.  he took his new comic book out to his dad's car and proceeded to show him some of his favorites.  i saw his dad remove his glasses.  read.  and laugh.  and look at some more.  and as they drove off to have dinner and then play some video games, i realized how good this time is for my son.  my ex never had the time nor would spend the money to make that kind of time with our kids before.  now, it's all he has.  my son doesn't realize that he is getting something that the others never did.  but i do.  my other boys do.  but, for the most part, it's just good.  my son deserves that.  and my ex should be a dad.  it's his job.  and his privilege.  and i was relieved.  again.  god has a plan.  he is at work.  even in the hard things.
and....i am praying and looking for where i will live on the beach in the future. it's coming.  one day.  and not so far away.  fun times.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.