Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Hard Day. A Hard Letter.

I just wrote my nearly ex.  Had to ask him to be considerate of boundaries....not coming in the house, emailing to make arrangements.  And, I had to ask him to stop telling people that there was one event that caused this to happen.  I tried to say it nicely.  But it has happened twice now that someone questions my wisdom after just one event.  Really?  Is that what they think of me?  Well, one didn't....one knew that it was faulty information.  The other had heard it second hand.  Another favorite.  Let the rumors begin!
But it was a hard day also because I have to set some other boundaries and I am not sure how.  I don't think that I can share my friends the same as before.  I think that he should keep the guy friends and not hang out with my women friends.  I don't want to worry about running into him or seeing him when hanging out with them.  But he likes to ingratiate himself.  It is how he has operated.  And he is wanting to be even more helpful now....it gives him an in.  And it's HARD for me.  Today, I finally realized that I'm not going to be able to keep that part up.  It's like another stress added to all of the others.
So I asked him to make plans.  To not come in the house.  To refrain from telling people that it was an isolated event that caused my decision.
Bet it upsets him.  Took me hours to go ahead and write it.  Because honestly....I am so done trying to make him hear me.  It didn't work when we were together, so I'm not exactly sure how it's supposed to work now.
Gotta go get pizza for the kids.  mmmm  mmmmm
grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.