Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Sleep

I didn't sleep well last night.  So...I have already had a nap today.  Learning that getting my body to go OFF high alert is difficult.  It's like retraining for me.  Not easy, but I'm sure that it will happen eventually.  Just have to be patient and baby myself along a little bit.
Sleep restores.  Real sleep.  The unworried kind.  The kind where you aren't trying to sleep.  Just sleeping.  I need more of it in my life.  Doing things to figure that out, but as of yet...not able to do it each night.
I am anxious today, I can tell.  Don't know what is happening with kids and their dad.  He was trying to reach them last night.  Wanted them to go on a run with him this morning.  Guess they declined.  They didn't say that he asked for anything else.  Which makes me hurt for them.  And yet......glad too.  That maybe they won't de taken away from home this weekend since they haven't had time to just rest and relax.  Guess we'll know soon. But I'm wondering if those thoughts and concerns weren't invading my night hours.  Not intentionally....but, you know how the mind can run away.
But today is a beautiful day.  And I am blessed to have the time to take a breath and rest.  So, I'll go easy on me and simply take one thing at a time.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.