Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Be You.

This echoes through my soul.
Because I have spent so long
hearing how good he is
because he stays
and tolerates me.
How that is what marriage is.
Tolerating.
I don't think so.
I wanted to celebrate
the uniqueness of each of us.
And find a way to make them into 
something wonderful together
something that CELEBRATED
each and not one.
Wonder if I'll 
ever understand why
he thought that it would 
make me feel good to tell me
how he was trying to love me.
To tell me that 
has hurt me.
And I wonder when
I will stop crying
about it and just know
that who I am is who and how
I was made to be.
Rough morning.
But, as always,
full of promise.
Of promises.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.