Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Challenging Life

This last week
has been 
really really really really (etc)
hard
difficult
challenging
tough
bullish
trying.
And today,
my eye itself
not the skin
eyelid
outer eye
the 
EYEBALL
hurts like fire.
Too much use
yesterday.
Too much being up.
But.
How can I live
from here on my bed?
One eye usually closed.
Resting.
With a heating pad.
Or ice.
Or both. 
With meds that make my body sleep.
And not hurt.
Hmm.
I can simply realize
that this IS 
life.
A quiet moment
in life.
A still time.
A painful time too.
But a gift.
To stop.
To wait.
To watch God work.
And to learn not to be
FRUSTRATED
with lack of progress.
But rather,
to appreciate the view out the window.
The stillness of a moment.
The scent of flowers. 
The whoosh of a sprinkler.
And just revel
in each breath
as a gift.
Because for now
that is what it seems to be.
Because when I try to do more
I pay for it.
Of course
I have to shop today.
Or not.
We'll see.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.