Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

They Say Nothing's Free

Well, that might seem true...but some things might be free to me.  Like lunch.  I applied today.  And, when I got the paperwork, the school sent a note that they had waived the AP test fee for my son as well.  No, the lunch isn't really free...it is paid for...by our taxes.  Yet, I feel like I've paid and contributed a fair share towards that over the years.  I don't feel badly about the help.  As a matter of fact, as I wrote the lunch check this morning and remembered that I could apply, I felt...hopeful.  Of course, I had to call the school.  Ask for a form.  Have them make a note on our file that we are now separated.  It's a little awkward, but not horrible.  They were kind.  And won't change the forms to two households until next year.  I said that the information all stays the same.  We use cell phones.  Our home phone is turned off.  And the order to call in case of emergency remains the same.  Pretty easy, really.
Free lunch wasn't the real reason that I need free lunch...it's for the sports next fall.  This year's form lasts into the fall of next year....and sports will cost me $450 in the fall, not including gear!  So...this will be nice.
I am thankful.  Blessedly thankful.
For provision.
For hope.
For change.
For goodness.
For growth.
For peace.
For......so many wonderful things.
grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.