Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Monsters in the Closet

It is a long time since I've been afraid of the closet.  But, I've come to realize that there are all kinds of monsters. And this closet is the closet my ex has been using for the last two years.  I've been in the room for nearly a week, but I avoid the closet like the plague.  Today I realized why I was having such a hard time getting things put back together.  It's hard to do if you refuse to go in the closet.  So, that will be my project this afternoon.  I actually stepped in there awhile ago.  I am still alive obviously.  But, it gives me the shakes.
Not to mention that he left a bunch of his crap for me to have to deal with.
BUT.....I want my room pretty.  I have to go through this place to get to that place.  Ergo...yes, I did just use the word "ergo"....I will defeat this monster.  I will pray.  I will play music.  I will laugh.  I will frolic.  I will get through it.  And I won't beat myself up when it's hard.
Because monsters are scary.....until you face them.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.