Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Friday, April 27, 2012

Take Yer Soul Vitamins

The vitamins that I had been
oddly driven to
search out
go buy
and take absolutely
faithfully
for the last few weeks
are exactly 
what I needed to help
my eyes.
I don't like fish oil.  
I don't like big honkin' pills.
I don't like pills at all.
But I was absolutely 
sure 
that I needed to get them
Read about them
Researched a bit
Went out and got them
Took them
Not knowing why.
Until yesterday when
I went to the eye doctor
wondering what was going to happen
who was going to take care of my kids
if the doctor sent me straight 
to the hospital
as she was talking about.
Wondering how it would be
not to see with one eye.
And hearing that
the vitamins that I went 
and got
and took
contributed to my eye health.
It was amazingly healthy
for how sick it is.
Meaning that though
it was going through a huge trauma
and looked horrible,
it seems as if
it's going to recover
just fine.
Wow.
And, in the time
between,
my body had felt better,
I had lost belly fat.
I was eating better.
And it's like that with my soul.
I read things.
Study them.
Pray.
Develop relationships.
Live in the Spirit.
Pray.
Have faith.
Hope. 
And in the moment when there is 
great trauma
great drama
when He looks upon my heart
He says, you were 
doing the right thing
and you are going 
to recover.
love that.
And I love how
the very actions
provide peace
harmony
joy
hope
in
the daily day too.
don't understand how it works.
but know that it does.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.