Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Friday, April 13, 2012

The Truth and Nothing But the Truth

I have wondered what my responsibility is in getting the news out there about the separation.  I mean, do I send notices, take out an ad, write individual letters, call?  I'm not really sure.  I have finally come to the conclusion that it will take time.  Kind of how those circles of friendship are...concentric...rippling...and, over time, people will find out.  Those closest, first.  Others, later.  And, I can rest in that.   It is the natural way of things.  Those that call or write or seek to know about me, will know.  Those on the periphery will know later...or hear it through gossip.  I'm not really too concerned about it anymore.  Well, maybe a little.  A few people more than others.
But, telling the truth doesn't mean locating every last soul and telling them....it just means sharing what is appropriate in the appropriate time.
At least that's where I've come to.
Maybe there's a book of divorce etiquette?
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.