Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Two Weeks

We made two weeks.  Hmmm.  My house is still not pulled together.  But I am envisioning each thing.  Each place I  want it.  I'm not rushing.  Not at all.  I am allowing the process to help in my coming to terms with everything.  I mean, nothing like the wedding planner and four hundred wedding napkins to make you think, "what in the world do I do with this?"  I kept the planner and six napkins.  Tossed the rest in the trash.  I am using the matches from our wedding in my bathroom.  Hey, I always need matches.  I am practicing all kinds of letting go.  And of how to hold on to the good.  How to absolutely know and not toss out of anger or irritation.  Some stuff goes in a maybe pile.  Not much.  I don't want to have to deal with it AGAIN.  I kept a quilt.  Stored in a cabinet for now.  I'm just not sure.  I have a lot of stuff to get rid of.  Huge amount.  And plan on continuing.  The things we never use.  That aren't memories.  Just ready to let go of what is not needed by us but might be by someone else.  I got rid of a lot of my clothes.  All of my sheets and bedding....not the kids', just "ours".  Couldn't do that.  And am sending him some blankets.
A lot to do.  And yet, for two weeks, I've done a lot.  There's a lot of emotional stuff to deal with.  A lot of stress that rises from it finally being "over".
Guess it wouldn't be right to have a party....but I feel pretty good about making it.  It has been hard.  And seeing as how I do it about an hour at a time....I've logged a lot of hours!
grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.