Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Good Morning

Even on the hardest days, I can seem to find good...joy...happiness.....hope.....even on the "I don't feel well, I wish that I could stay in bed and I'm really tired and I need some time," days.  It's true.  It has been given to me as a gift.  And it has been honed intentionally through my life.  I have had some dark days, and finding the way to get back up has been good for me.  And for others.  Because hope is contagious.  As is joy.  When I overcome my inertia and get moving, it inspires my kids, and sometimes even others around me. 
This ability is what makes me know how difficult my life had become.  I spent years getting up.  Hoping.  Believing.
And what people don't know is that I still have that ability.  But, there came a time, when even I, with the giftedness and full backing of God, couldn't do it within my marriage.  There came a time when something had to CHANGE that wasn't simply me adjusting my attitude.  Attitude goes a very long way in life, but the life we were living was not healthy. 
And now, it is different.  I can't speak for him, but on my part, I can say that the relief is immense.  Hope burns again.  Joy seeps in.  I feel whole again.  When many say that I should feel broken and in pieces.  Perhaps they just don't know what it feels like to be rescued.  To be saved from certain annihilation.  Everything feels more alive.  More colorful.  Better.  Brighter. 
I am alive.  Truly alive.  And it is amazing.
It is a good morning.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.