Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Joy Nurturers

I have a joy stealer in my life.  Looking back, I realize that he has been sucking down joy for as long as I can remember.  Expecting me to keep providing more.  More hope.  More joy.  More peace.  Pushing always.  Causing me to always be on edge.  Worn out.  Troubled.  Feeling like I needed to make his world a better place.  But with him more or less....sometimes less, unfortunately....out of the picture....I have rediscovered....
JOY NURTURERS.
There are those that tend to joy like you tend a campfire when building it.  Paying attention.  Adding fuel where you need to.  Adding air.  Restarting it if it goes out.  Taking time.  Adding a bit at a time until it is a full blown fire and not just a spark.  I notice these people now.  They tend to having joy in their own lives.  And in others.  I want to BE a joy nurturer.  Someone who is cognizant of the fact that life is hard.  Messy.  Troublesome.  Dramatic.  Traumatic.  Full of the unexpected.  And that in the midst of every little thing, the good and even all of the bad, there is joy to be found.  That sometimes there's only a coal left, but it bears all of the hope of a full grown fire.  That tended properly, it will grow and consume.  Drawing others into it's warmth.
"I have come that you might have joy....and have it more abundantly."  Jesus. 
He loves us.  He instills joy at the deepest levels of our being.  We must tend it.  Let it overflow.  Grow.  Impact us.  Impact others.
I've met those who do so.  They inspire me.  They have nurtured the live coal that was left in my life.  They show me again how to laugh, smile and cry with joy. 
They are joy nurturers.  They are carriers of hope.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.