Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Wrong Turn

Sometimes I go home a back way from the church in order to miss the highway.  Typically, I go home on a main road that isn't the highway where I would have to take a left without the light.  Today, I was facing the other direction on the street and took "the back road".  My ex lives over there, but I always forget until I'm right on top of his place.  So, it distracted me.  Actually made me feel creepy.  And I came to the next intersection and turned right.  I took myself right to the highway I was trying to avoid because I was focused on something else...something that disturbed me.  I waited at the intersection for awhile.  At first, frustrated with myself.  Then, I turned right instead.  Made a loop.  Went BACK by my exes place.  But this time,  I was prepared for it.  I took the left.  Went down half a block and straight across to the road I needed.  When I knew that the emotional thing was there and wasn't surprised by it, I could function just fine.  It made me see how hard it was for me in life with him around.  Every decision.  Every thought.  Every movement.  But, now that I know how it affects me, now that I know what to expect, I can make better, smarter decisions.  And, sometimes, if I have to make a loop and come back around and try it again...that's ok.  It's part of re-learning how to live in a healthy way.
I'm going to be ok. 
Though....I've learned.....perhaps alone in this event..not in all events. 
blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.