Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Rain

Good morning world.  I went to sleep to the sound of rain and awoke to it as well.  Very unusual for my semi-arid state...which is in the midst of a drought.  But lovely.  Maybe even moreso for its unexpectedness.  It makes me feel peaceful.  Like my soul quiets.  It's much like the feeling I get at the ocean.  A physical relaxing for no other reason than the sound, the rhythm, the.....I don't even know what it is. 
But I know that I love it.  That I revel in peaceful moments.  Anywhere that I can get them.  I am not the person who can survive in constant strife.  I like to find the good.  Wherever I am.
I am positive.  I am loving.  I see good.  I pass on good messages.  I didn't know that it was unusual.  Someone at my school told me how refreshing it was to hear good in the midst of her day when so many people are grumbling.  That was a blessing to me.  Don't get me wrong...I see the hard stuff.  I just choose that which is excellent. 
I want to walk in integrity.  I want to be the woman I admire.  I want to love God fearlessly. 
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.