Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Up and Out

Up and out of bed.  Sometimes there is that overwhelming inertia from emotional distress that seems to tether me to the bed.  Like ropes of elastic pulling me back as I struggle to get out.  Because sometimes, when the pain is too close, it feels like just pulling my comfy down comforter back over my head will be a better solution.  Because I'm too tired to deal with anymore.  But, today, I am up and out of bed.  I am dressed and while not past nor over the memory nightmare....I am awake and able to face it.  I have a life to live.  I do not want him to steal anymore of my days.  I gave up so many already.  I want to stand up.  To live.  To laugh.  To remember the gifts that are mine in Christ Jesus.  I want to claim them. 
That doesn't mean that sometimes I don't choose not to fight those ropes.  Sometimes, I just need recovery time.  But this time, I am fighting back with getting out and living my life.  Yes I am.  Indeed.  Off to get ready.  Places to go this morning and then house stuff the rest of the day.  Winter is coming...and like the squirrels, there are things that need doing.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.