Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I want to be....an anomaly

I learned a long time ago that I am weird.  Different.  Odd.  Some have labeled me obnoxious.  Obstinate.  Brusque.  But I am living in a new world.  Of my own choices.  And do you know what I am finding?  That I am not weird in a bad way...but in a good way.  An anomaly.  Something different in the day.
I like to be thankful.  To tell people.  To encourage.  To lift up.  And I have had people at school stop me in the hall and tell me that I'm making a difference.  By smiling...really....a guy that I really don't know said how nice it was to come to work and know that I'd be smiling.....and others have said how my attitude is upbeat and good.  I spent too long allowing myself to complain and being beaten down...allowing it.  That is on me.  His doing it, that's on him.  But I don't allow it anymore.  And, while it's ok to have vent time.  Whine time.  Mostly, I love love love love love love love.....being different.  I want to strive to be more and more positive.  I want to be loving in my actions and words.  I might not get it all right, but I can be gracious to myself as well.  I want to live as an anomaly in a world of hopelessness, despair, grouchiness and impatience.
Lord, let it be....by You living in and through me.  Thanks.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.