Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Making it

I realized today that I've been "on my own" for five months.  And....while I have struggles and worries and wonders....I am making it.  God is good.  Carries me.
I talked to my step mom that I never see.  Called her.  Realized this last weekend that it was her birthday.  Actually realized that my real mom's birthday would have been yesterday.  And it reminded me.  It was good to touch base.  Got to tell her all about the kids.  Then she asked about the ex.  I told her and she was nice.  Nice enough.  Not supportive in the "I'll be there for you," sort of way, but at least in the not going to be mean to me sort of way.  I appreciated that.
I am making it.  Carried.  Lifted. 
I like my life.  Mostly.  Just that these last three weeks have been really hard.  I need to learn not to carry that weight. 
I love my job though I work myself crazy.  I love the kids.  They make me smile.
My life is full of good.  And though I sometimes I need the holding on not gonna let go kinda hug...beyond that, I'm thinking that I'm ok.
I want to live.  Really live.  Find what it is that will rock my boat.  I want to give.  Really give.  Of resources, of course, but of heart and soul as well.  I want to grow.  Learn.  Be a blessing. 
Five months.  It kinda flew by actually.  I smile more.  I feel blessed.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.