Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Friday, September 14, 2012

mother of the year

it's never gonna happen.  i've never been the greatest mom for a whole year.  but there are times when i have a moment. tonight is one of those.  i went to get my son at an event where his only other option was his dad.  my son just couldn't face asking for a ride when he won't even see him.  i got it.  i went.  though i was in bed.  in pajamas.  exhausted physically and mostly...emotionally.
that dream has haunted me all day.  it hurts.  done with that man. 
still tired...but i feel good.  that i saw my kid.  saw his heart.  met his need.  i was tired.  but he needed his heart lifted.
i got to be that lifter.  and that was worth it.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.