Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Kicked Fear's Butt

hahahha" I kicked fear's butt" on my facebook page.  And it's so true.  People have no idea what I've lived through or how thoroughly crazy my life can become.  As much as anyone else's.  They don't know because I don't like the tons of drama.  I LIKE being happy.  I like living in a positive, encouraging way. 
So, most days, they don't know the courage it takes for me to face the pain, the what ifs, the overwhelming noise of the tapes that play in my mind from all of those years of marriage and step up.  Work hard.  Choose to share joy.  And peace.  And grace.  To choose to lift up another.  To look into someone's eyes even at the grocery store.  Even when I am struggling myself.  To see others.  Really see them.  I'm learning that it is a very good thing.  It's a habit worth cultivating.  Because it makes me stronger.
I don't know much, but I know that on THIS day, I kicked fear's butt.  And it wasn't easy.  And several times I nearly forfeited.  But......I DID NOT give up.  My friends stood with me.  They cheered me on.  They helped me to do what was hard.  They stood up and sang praises with me.  They hung around so that I wouldn't be all alone.  They surrounded me with strength.  They couldn't do it for me.....but they made sure that I didn't have to do it alone. 
Kicked it's butt....I'm telling you, that's a good thing.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.