Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I Can Do This

I'm up.  I've gotten my kids up.  In twenty minutes we will leave to take them to school.  Then I have 45 minutes to kill to be certain that he has headed out to work.  THEN...maybe then I can finally settle down...on the floor or chair or couch.  I finally dozed off last night only to awaken a few minutes later with a raging headache.  So I spent my time awake again.  Dozed off maybe thirty minutes before my daughter got up.  And now?  Now it's time to be the grown up.
I know I can do this.  I have done hard things before.  This is only a few days.  After I figure out a place and some time to get some sleep, I'm sure that I'll be better.  I'm antsy now because I don't know to count on him being at or staying at work.....have this feeling he could decide to be home packing or something.
Last night I pretty much broke down.  It took hours to pull it together.  To be able to think a little more productively.  To be me.  It really wasn't a good time.
But, I get to be with my kids this morning.  I am alive.  I have breath.  I am carried.  Albeit it THROUGH the wind, rain, snow and yuck instead of around.
Now....on I go.  To live a life of honor.  Of kindness.  Of joy.  Of figuring out how to take a breath without having to literally THINK about it.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.