Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Awkward things happen

Tonight I left my phone in the car. Rarely do that.  I missed a call from my mother in law.  Can't say that I'm not immensely relieved.  Not because I wouldn't talk to her but because it would be so awkward.  She called my son instead.  I heard when I got home.  I was relieved.
I went to my friend's house with another friend. My husband was there.  Again, awkward.  Should have called. Not that I couldn't go in....but, he's her friend too.  I'm going to have to figure out how to be polite. Not make it awkward on my friends.  It's hard.  I don't seem to have the option to have any friends of my own right now.
And he "deared" me today.  And that was hard again.  I had picked up the frisbee that landed at my feet to give back to him as I walked by at the park for the grandson's bday.  And he "deared" me.
But, I made it through the hour and a half.  I was brave.  I was polite.
I have decided who I will be. I can't help the chills I get.  The shock I feel.  The pain.  The knowing that others don't get it...and that I'm not going to try to make them.   So, I just have to wait it out.
I can't make the awkward times not happen.  I can simply just try to make it through.
And I can't make the things that make me angry not happen.  I just have to choose to live differently.  To not engage.  To remind myself of what matters.
I have to sleep.  Just was a hard day.  Wore me out emotionally.  But I did it!!!
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.