Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Strength for Today. Hope for Tomorrow.

I am given strength.  For today.  The ability to do and be what I need.  For today.  The troubles begin when I worry about what I'll need for.........you guessed it...TOMORROW.  Tomorrow hasn't even come and yet sometimes, in my mind, I have already rolled on to worrying about it.  To wondering if I'll have the strength, the ability.  I am not given that strength in advance.  BUT, I am given hope.  The hope fills me up.  It allows me to see how I have been provided for today....and know that there is no reason that I won't be tomorrow.
I have a unique situation in that I have hurt for years.  My body just experiences crushing pain.  Yet, through all of that....still...given what I need for each day.  I have no idea how that works.  I just know that it is given.  I feel so blessed.  And when I'm too tired to go on...then it's time not to.  Time to rest.  And I've had to learn that is ok too.  I am not required nor expected to do everything, do it all or make things happen.  I need to be led.  I need to be willing.  I need to be peaceful.  I need to lean.  And I don't need to make anything happen.
I have done much today.  Looking for what else I should do today.  It's exciting.
So many possibilities.  And no requirements.  Free to live.  Daily.  Exuberantly.  Daringly.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.