Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

It's Mother's Day.  I got permission sent to me to sit with my kids during church.  Wow, gee, thanks.  Because, it turns out that the ex will be singing during the service.  How extra special is that?  He won't back off.  Won't give space.  Just keeps making it hard.  Instead of taking responsibility for why it would be awkward for him to be in my house to play pool with our son, he texts and asks permission, putting me on the spot to either do something I am uncomfortable with or making my son uncomfortable.  Then, he participates in singing for the Mom's Day service.....though he knows how hard it is on me when he's up there.  BUT, he makes himself "look good" by texting that he is giving me permission to sit with the kids this week.  (I deleted the name.  I don't need to call names.  Well, maybe I do, but I'm working on doing better things with my time and energy.)
He apparently thought that maybe he should help with plans for today too.  AWKWARD.  Strangely, while he takes the kudos and the congrats for doing stuff for such events, it really is my kids who come through.  Who show appreciation.
Today, we'll eat, see a movie, relax, enjoy one another.  My daughter is inviting another family to see the movie.  It'll all be just fine.
But I wish that he could get it.  Get how very much I do not want him to keep on pushing himself on me.  Get how much he has hurt me.  Get how not ok it was and how I'm not going back to that.  Nope.  Not ever.
So...here's to my first mama's day as a single.  What a relief.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.