Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Friday, May 4, 2012

Back Roads

I don't love the interstate.  I like the peace and beauty of the back roads. I like the experience.  So....seeing this made me think that I'm probably kind of like that in the rest of my life. I like to go along and enjoy the beauty.  I enjoy the back road. I am not in a rush.  I think that there's more than one way to get there. And that God uses those back roads to minister to me.  To not allow me to get in a big hurry and miss all of the good stuff that life has to offer.
Staying on the highway may mean getting there sooner...but not that it will be better.  There's so much to see and do...so many new things to encounter.  Slowing down means getting to enjoy each and every one.  Taking a back road means seeing the things that people miss as they rush on by on the interstate.  The people.  The architecture.
I'm thinking that I'm a back road kind of girl....that's where all of the best shopping is!!!
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.