Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Friday, May 18, 2012

impromptu party

Went to work.  Got off and was tired.  Sleepy even.  Came home and ate really yummy leftover chicken and taters with two of my kids.  Took three of them to ice cream...owed it from the band concert the other night.  One had invited a friend over to play pool.  Then the other invited a friend over.  Then they invited their college brother who lives on his own.  Who invited his girlfriend.  And friend.  Who invited his girlfriend.  You get the idea. ;)  And then when people started arriving my nearly senior son said, "so what about snacks, mom?"  So I looked around.  Tortillas...score...made quesadillas.  And popcorn.  Had a bag of miscellaneous candy that I threw in a bowl.  Cheezits.  Chips.  Salsa.  Cheese sticks.  Koolaid.  Now I'm resting and listening to them chat and joke and laugh and enjoy.  The constant clack of the air hockey.  The crash of pool balls.  The shuffle of the poker chips.
This is the first time that I've been able to have it and go to bed without it being awkward.  It's the first time that their dad isn't there competing with them.  It's a wonderful night for them.  And for me.  I love saying yes.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.