Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Dear Lord

Tonight...first family meeting.  We used a bottle of caladryl as the "talking stick."  One left.  Said some mean things first.  But...he spoke.  Learning how to share what we feel, what we think, what we need safely, in a healthy way.  It's hard.
And I need help.
Dear Lord,
He said that I'm weak.  That I can't do anything.  He said that saying I'm sorry means nothing.  He lashed out at his older brother.  Younger brother.  Not his sister.  He is a good kid.  I know it.  And I know You know it.  But I've got to let You do this.  I need to be firm, but patient.  I need to listen to Your voice.  I need to be kind.  I need to spend lots of time in prayer.  And I need to let him go through what he is going through.  Without rushing him.  Without forcing him. 
Guard my children.  Hold them close.  Love them.  Be their all.  Teach them to seek You...because they want to.  Because You are Life.  And breath.  Let me breathe You in.
I know that I'm not weak.  It still hurt.  And he really hurt his brothers.  It showed in their eyes.  But, we persisted.  And we got some good ideas.  And we worked some things out.  And opened the door to learning how to talk.  Teach us.  Be our guide.  Our leader.  Our father.  Be peace.  And strength.  And grace. 
It's hard...and yet, it beats it just continuing to build.  Let me love well.
Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.