Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Your Fears. My Fears

The things I fear.  The things that tie me up inside.  Those are often the things I desire most.  When afraid of rejection it's because we want acceptance.  When afraid of failure it's because we want so badly to succeed.  When afraid of an interview, it's because I want to be seen as competent and able.  But the thing is that my fears....your fears...aren't real things.  They are just thoughts about maybes.  They are just our desires wrapped up in the protective coating of "I shouldn't want this too much because it will be too hard and too embarrassing if I want it that much and fail."
So, often, we live rather wishy washy lives.  Never fully going after that thing that completely grips our soul.  But what if?  What if we really went for it?  What if we really failed?  Maybe we'd get further than we are now.  Maybe we would learn some things along the way that would help us get up and try again.  What if?  What if we let go of the idea that failure is embarrassing or humiliating?  What if we simply sought after the life that has been put inside of us?  Striving ever forward?  I think that we would change.  I think that our world would change. 
Maybe it's time to lay aside the fear that entangles us and run OUR race.  Maybe. 
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.