Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Day

I love May Day.  Mine started off a little bit rough today.  But...here I am.  I was given courage and words and breath when I needed them.  I didn't faint.  That was good.
I love May Day for the giving of flowers. The celebrating growth.  It is so much fun to see what comes of the seeds, the bulbs, the tubers, the seedlings.  I always think that I can keep from gardening.I don't know why it became such a deal, but maybe because I would do the work and then watch it be destroyed...so I would try to keep myself from wanting it.  From doing it and finding the disappointment that came.  The hurt.  But today I realized.....the chickens won't destroy it and it is actually slowly becoming what I imagined in my brain.  Dreams do come true...just not all at once.
So, I got some plants today.  A tomato to grow in a pot.  A hanging strawberry.  I plan to grow mini pumpkins and crookneck squash along with my flower vines on my arbor....why?  Because it made me smile to think of.
Happy May Day to you.  Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.